Use this area to find helpful articles, activities & information during our distance learning period. I will be updating this area of the website constantly for you! Use the drop down arrows to find more information in each category! If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to reach out! In the meantime stay healthy, stay safe, and remember to breathe! I hope to see you all very soon!
I'm still here to support you! I can be reached between the hours of 8:20 AM - 3:20 PM. You can reach me in a few ways:
- Via email at email@example.com
- Via telephone at (609) 291-7192 x5221.
- Via google hangouts chat.
- Via my google form check in! Click the link below to use it!
Mrs. Devito's School Closure Wellness Challenge
Mrs. Devito's School Closure Wellness Challenge
Challenge yourself to do as many of the activities listed below as you can. Each time you complete an activity color in that box. Lets see how many you can complete!
Email Mrs. Devito at firstname.lastname@example.org & tell her about what you tried!
|From where you are, name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell & 1 thing you can taste.||Read something new either on your own or with a caring adult. What feelings did you notice as you read?||Draw & color a picture of an animal you love. It can be a pet, stuffed animal, one you would like to see some day or an imaginary one!||Name 5 things you love about yourself. Have a caring adult do the same.||Phone a friend & share something you have done since school has closed that was fun for you.||Draw a picture of your future self. What is your career?|
|Name 3 things you love doing & 1 thing you'd like to try.||
SCREEN FREE CHALLENGE! Spend 2 hours in a row during the day time without looking at a TV, tablet, computer, phone or video game screen.
|Write a note or letter to someone you are thinking about but can't visit right now.||Practice 5 finger breathing. Breathe in through your nose while you are tracing up your finger, blow out through your mouth while you are tracing down your finger.||Ask 1 caring adult about a time they felt scared, and what they did to make it through that uncomfortable time until they felt better.||Write about your hero.|
|Cook a healthy meal with a caring adult.||Be a helper! Ask a caring adult what you can do to help them out today.||Trace your shoe sideways on a piece of paper & then draw/ color an original shoe design of your choice. Who would wear it? What would they do when they wore it?||SCREEN FREE CHALLENGE! Spend 3 hours in a row during the day time without looking at a TV, tablet, computer, phone or video game screen.||Use one of the links on Mrs. Devito's web page to do some yoga, stretching or mindfulness.||Make a list of 30 things you are grateful for.|
|Watch a funny show, video, or movie with a caring adult & enjoy laughing & being silly.||Read a book, article, or post & share what you read with a caring adult.||Enjoy outside time. Spend at least 1 hour outside walking or playing with a family member.||Draw a picture of what you would imagine would make a perfect day for you.||Spend one day without playing any video games.||Play emotion charades. Can your family guess the feeling?|
|Dance party! Dance along to one of your favorite videos or songs!||Call or email a family member or other adult you haven't been able to visit in a while. You can even call or email Mrs. Devito.||How many jumping jacks can you do in 1 minute? Try to break your record.||Spend 10 minutes silently listening to sounds outside & write down or tell someone what you heard.||Play a board game or a card game with a family member.||Teach a sibling or adult one of the games or morning meeting activities you do at school.|
Social Emotional Links & Activities
Social Emotional Activities Links:
- Storyline- Online SEL activities & stories-https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Centervention- http://centervention.com/social-emotional-learning-activities/
- Go Noodle- http://gonoodle.com
- Career exploration site- https://www.virginiacareerview.com/
- Kindness Videos- https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-videos
- Indoor Activities & Games- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U26PKLsQ-FpPrx3OUzDDkLqK27-fbDhG/view?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJhbmRyZWEuZGllaG1Ac3RhdGUuc2QudXMiLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJNTVNhYmYifQ%3D%3D
Yoga, Mindfulness & Relaxation Links:
- Cosmic Kids Yoga- http://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga Yoga, mindfulness & relaxation for kids 3+
- Little Twisters Yoga- https://littletwistersyoga.com/online-store/
- Mindful Schools- www.mindfulschools.org Mindfulness classes for free Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 1 PM through their Facebook page! If you do not have access to Facebook you may use this link to view a video of the recordings https://www.mindfulschools.org/free-online-mindfulness-class-for-kids/. Check out their first session below!
- Mindfulness Introduction for kids & parents! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_-axR2p5g&fbclid=IwAR0ML1T6DGoTCHuZUuGl0VstzU3v_UGhyGN5rruFYs3tYbPJ_QGPsUBeCDg
Other Helpful Learning Resources:
https://www.khanacademy.org/- Free tools for parents covering a variety of grades and subjects. Great if you're looking for extra activities to supplement your teacher's assignments.
Articles & Information for Parents
Weekly Parent Articles, Activities & Resources From the Crisis Management Institute
Coronavirus & Child Anxiety: How to Squash Fear & Build Strength in Your Child
What Parents Can Do to Manage Coronavirus Stress in Kids
6 Ways to Help Your Kids Cope with the Coronavirus Crisis
Child Mind Institute Resources on Coping with COVID-19
Just for Kids- A comic explaining the new coronavirus from NPR- https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/28/809580453/just-for-kids-a-comic-exploring-the-new-coronavirus
Signs of Depression During the Coronavirus Crisis-