If you need counselor resources for your child...
What is Bullying?
- The person is being hurt, harmed, or humiliated with words and/or behavior
- The behavior is being done intentionally
- The person being hurt has a hard time stopping or preventing the behavior
- The hurtful behavior is carried out by those who have more power (ex: older, physically bigger or stronger, more social status, or when a group of students single out an individual).
Conflict Vs. Bullying
Conflict is a mutually competitive or opposing action or engagement, including a disagreement, an argument or a fight which is a normal part of human development. Bullying is one-sided, where one or more students are victims of one or more person’s aggression, which is intended to physically or emotionally hurt the victim(s).
4 Types of Bullying Behaviors
- Verbal – Includes taunting, name calling, malicious teasing or making threats
- Social – Includes spreading rumors, purposefully excluding people from activities, breaking up friendships
- Physical – Includes hitting, punching, shoving, spitting or taking personal belongings
- Cyberbullying – Includes using the Internet, cell phone or other digital technologies to harm others.
Be An UPSTANDER!
An “upstander” is someone who recognizes when something is wrong & acts to make it right. When an upstander sees or hears about someone being bullied, they speak up. Being an upstander is being a hero: we are standing up for what is right & doing our best to help support & protect someone who is being hurt.
If you'd like more information on Bordentown's Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB) policy please click here
Free dental services for kids...
Hotlines & Helplines
NJ 211 (available 24/7)- Dial 2-1-1
Connect people to services for help with food, housing, healthcare & more. www.nj211.org.
Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline 1-877-NJABUSE
Any person having reasonable cause to believe that a child has been abused or neglected has a legal responsibility to report it to the Division of Child Protection & Permanency. Calls can be made anonymously.
Children's System of Care 1-877-652-7624
Call for information about services for children with emotional & behavioral health care challenges & their families.
Domestic Violence Services 1-800-572-SAFE 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Call this number for information about domestic violence services in your local area.
Family Helpline 1-800-THE-KIDS 24 hours a day 7 days a week
If you're feeling stressed out, call to speak to a trained volunteer of Parents Anonymous who can provide support & refer you to resources in your community.
Free Meals/ Food for Families in Need...